Sunday 2 September 2012

Back from Berlin

We had such a lovely time in Berlin....slow travel in Berlin....after I went down like the Berlin Wall on Thursday (see previous post for details!)
We saw the sights....and lots of that Berlin art that I had heard so much about.

There was a Diane Arbus photographic restrospective exhibition showing....Diane took such luminous portraits, and another fashion photographic exhibition showcasing images from Man Ray to Mario Testino.  Both were wonderful.

Pierre was keen to have his fix of sausages and German beer....and one of our nicest afternoons was just sitting under the chestnut trees in Berlin's oldest beergarden, the Pratergarten.

Auf Wiedersehen Berlin!



You may also like my posts on:
http://parisallons-y.blogspot.fr/2012/08/ach-berlin.html
http://parisallons-y.blogspot.fr/2012/05/luccaa-splendid-gem.html

9 comments:

  1. Belly Robyn,
    I keep getting those comments from James too! Bless him :-)

    I think I would have to visit Berlin myself before forming an opinion. I am of that generation that had Berlin thrust down my throat metaphorically from an early age, most of it stories of the war. It all looks very "grey" and industrial. I think Britains in general have preconceived views, as I say, particularly my generation. I will have to visit I think. It looks incredible though, especially that beer garden, amazing!

    I loved the Wallace Collection. In future, when I visit anywhere I will ask you where to go first :-). Excellent recommendation.
    Much love
    Di
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Have I told you how much I hate predictive text, what the hell is "Belly Robyn" :-) Hello Robyn!
      Note to self: re-read before hitting publish button
      X

      Delete
    2. My pleasure Di....I am so pleased you loved the Wallace Collection....and I did have a good laugh at the "Belly Robyn" salutation! Almost as good as Pooh Bear.

      Delete
  2. such fabulous photos + so happy you are feeling better. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Peggy....all good now....just have to make sure I keep a lookout for those wobbly pavements in future!

      Delete
  3. Hello Robyn:
    Berlin is definitely a destination of choice for us. We are somewhat ashamed to say that even with daily trains from Budapest, where we live most of the time, we have yet to book our passage to Berlin. So exciting to see the rejuvenation of this most atmospheric of cities which you have captured so wonderfully in these glorious photographs. We must, must book tickets for the next train!

    We have found you via the delightful Dianne at 'Yonks' and are so pleased to have arrived at your wonderfully eclectic and interesting blog. We have signed as Followers to stay in touch with your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a charming comment you have left...and it's such a pleasure to have you following my adventures. A bientot Jane and Lance.

      Delete
  4. Berlin looks interesting and those sausages look just right with a beer. I'm mesmerized by the photo with the red cross and silhouette of the elegant femme?? Tres bonne. Jude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a beautiful image Jude...fashion photograph from the 1950's...stunning.

      Delete