Monday 27 August 2012

Discoveries in Paris II


I have to tell you about two other discoveries that I think you'll like....one is an extraordinary musée in the Marais on Rue des Archives, the other, an unusual Parisian concept store.

1.  Musee de la Chasse et de la Nature......it's quirky and wonderful.....definitely go and have a look at this one if you get the chance.  It's not all stuffed animals either.....in addition to creatures of the stuffed variety, you'll see modern art installations, quirky porcelain, painting, sculpture etc all housed in a beautiful Parisian hotel particulier.  The mansion has been beautifully renovated (with no expense spared) and it's filled with the most wonderful treasures.
The moose speaks...I kid you not!
Crazy animal head soup tureens....18th century!
And this was the ceiling of a small anti-chamber...fashioned entirely from feathers.
From a corner window
I spied the musée's superb jardin (below).
Royal dog kennels
Oh how I would love this little chap.
Fabulous bronze sculptures were dotted around the musée.
It's all fab....and Pierre and I were the only ones there!!
I know......spooky!
In fact there's four great little discoveries in this upper part of Rue des Archives.
1.   Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature
2.   La Terrasse des Archives....a gorgeous corner bistro just across from the musée.
3.    Les Archives De La Presse....vintage magazine heaven.
4.   Nicolai Parfum....beautiful perfumes created by Patricia de Nicolai, a descendant of Pierre Guerlain.
So.....in a mere 50 metre stretch, all your cultural, culinary, artistic and beauty needs are covered!

2.  Merci.....this is a wonderful Parisian concept store....eco/industrial furnishings, fashion, perfume, contemporary jewellery, stationery etc and a lovely tearoom and library.  Expect the unexpected when you visit....nothing mundane about Merci.
We sat in the library for lunch (right next to the Fiat bambino)....trés cute.
Really liked that articulated test-tube vase.
Very hip....and very Fred Flinstone!
Loved the pressed metal counter.
As I said, expect the unexpected at Merci....palm trees et al.
Off to Berlin first thing tomorrow morning.  Almost a dawn start....4.30am taxi to the airport!!! Yikes!!

A bientôt.

You may also like my post on:
http://parisallons-y.blogspot.fr/2012/08/discoveries-in-paris.html
http://parisallons-y.blogspot.fr/2012/08/jardinsthe-bold-beautiful-and-romantic-2.html




7 comments:

  1. Pooh Robyn,
    I am loving your discoveries. You are showing a side of Paris I have never seen. I can't wait to get there now. My passport in out of date so I must get my finger out. I have been so lazy this past month but I have been visiting Paris vicariously through you :-)
    Keep up the good work Robyn.
    Much love
    Di
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Predictive said "pooh" not me, I meant to say Oh Robyn! Sorry about the pooh :-)
    Di
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like it Di...if it's good enough for Pooh Bear...it's good enough for moi!!!!! And yes, come on over....let's have a champers!

      Delete
  3. What finds + fabulous photos + I feel a bookmark coming up. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos quicken that part of me that wants to experience Paris. I loved it all!!! The nature museum was fabulous, what a treat! I love all the information you supply...it makes me feel like I would be more at home there. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating insight Thanks Robyn. Not sure about those animals!!Jude

    ReplyDelete