Monday 18 June 2012

A Sunday in Paris

Un dimanche å Paris/a Sunday in Paris......this is how Pierre and I spent it with three lovely friends from Australia.

(1)  Attended High Mass at Eglise St Eustace.....the service was wonderful....not sure that we fully understood the French sermon though...but we certainly felt welcome.  The choir and music were magnifiqué.
(2)  Wandered the streets around St Eustace where there are famous restaurants, buskers, art galleries and loads of fab things to look at.
Note to self:  Must have one of their famous pig's trotters!
Note to self:  Go and see that Matisse exhibition before it closes in July!
Yes..he looks a little glum......but we weren't!
Yes...you'll never be bored in Paris.
(3)  Lunch and un table pour cinq (5) at Minimes...a fantastiqué little bistro close to Place des Vosges....and I could just park ma voiture rouge/my red car at the front (as you do).
(4)  Strolled through Place des Vosges...such a beautiful spot.
We spied those sand bombs on the base of Louis' statue....French kids certainly know how to have fun!
(5)  Snorkled through Musée Carnavalet and Musée Cognacq-Jay (again)...you always see something different each time you visit.
Lots of Bouchets....isn't this little boy gorgeous
and the "The Ribbon Seller" (below)
has a special appeal for me.
The roses were in full bloom.....and fragrant!
I love this portrait of Louis!!  Any man who can wear
a pearl earring like that has my vote!!!!!
Incredible murals by Brunetti as you walk down the staircase.
I love the room in the musée where all the 18th century shop signs are hung.
This is one for a serrurier/locksmith.
(6)  Re-grouped (i.e. collapsed) with a grand ice-cream on Isle de la Cite and watched a busker balance a gold-fish bowl on his head while juggling and grooving to the music!!  Only in Paris.

As my lovely friend, Mary, in Brisbane would say....on and on!

A bientôt.


You may also like my post on:
http://parisallons-y.blogspot.fr/2012/05/simple-pleasures-of-paris.html
http://parisallons-y.blogspot.fr/2012/04/perfect-weekend-in-paris.html



18 comments:

  1. How divine all your images are! + fabulous post. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what dear and familiar sights!! How beautifully you've captured [ some of] our favorite spots in Paris! We have never been to a service at St. Eustache, but now I'm wondering why? I must post my poster from au Pied de Cochon for you. Don't you love their windows? And I wonder if the little Droguerie was open around the corner?
    A marvelous and satisfying post!
    xx
    dawne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup Dawne...I would love to see your poster from au Pied de Cochon. And yes..the service at St Eustache was a highlight for us....truly wonderful.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful way to spend a Sunday. Do you and Peter ever stop???? Jude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been great Jude....but I must admit I sleep well at night!

      Delete
  4. This is how i spend my days round Paris!....except the church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed every picture! I don't think I took a breath during my visit. lol It is a dream of mine to live in France, at least for awhile. Have seen all the tourist attractions etc, but your pictures made me feel like I was really there. Thanks!! I envy you because you are living my dream,but I will get there someday.For now I will just live it through your wonderful images! Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment Lisa....yes...this was a long held dream of mine too...hope you keep enjoying my posts. A bientot.

      Delete
  6. What a great Sunday that was! I have many photographs of St. E but have never been to a service there. Most of my photos were taken in winter and are full of long shadows typical of the winter months. I love Place des Vosges and appreciate your restaurant review of Monimes.

    Musée Carnavalet is always a favorite and your photos took me there instantly! I wondered if you two were in Paris for la Fête de la Musique and just what you might have seen and heard. How wonderful to be there vicariously through your photos and stories!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut Genie....Féte de la Musiqué was held last night and we enjoyed it in and around Montmartre and rue des Martryrs. We visited a number of little venues but the highlight was when we were coming home along rue Henry Monier...there were 2 musicians (one on French accordian and the other, drums) playing jazz/rock 'n roll including Elvis Presley and Bill Haley...we loved it!! I've never heard Elvis done in a French accent before...unforgettable!

      Delete
  7. Dear One,
    Merci bien for the trip through Paris with you this morning. So many of the places, especially the Marais, looked familiar and made me a little homesick. I wish I had the luxury of posting lots and lots of photos but alas, I must ration so they last! I'm loving this blog so much. You make me feel as if I"m right along with you.
    Bon samedi,
    xx
    V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment has made my day Virginia...and your photos are always brilliant. Had fun at the Marché des Arts et Création this morning.....and met the hat makers!!!!!!

      Delete
  8. You are quite lucky to experience the French way of life, Mademoiselle Robyn! The city itself speaks of romance, passion and rich culture! Even the streets have that romantic feel. And it would be a pleasure to stroll on the streets of Paris with that lovely red car! I can imagine myself riding that auto while taking in the beautiful view of Paris! Sonne bien, droit? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right, Carry! All things in Paris speak of love and passion. Even that vintage red car on the street exudes loveliness. Aside from the color, it looks every inch of a classic car that was used in silent movies. It exudes such an elegance that captures the heart. This car belongs there in Paris, where love and fashion are always a passion. :-)

    ReplyDelete